Friday 6 May 2016

Space Nerds In Space

Space Nerds In Space is one of the coolest games I have seen. This is because I'm a Star Trek fan, and the goal of Space Nerds In Space is to simulate a starship bridge, where each player has a different role and all have to work together in order to explore space and boldly go where no man has gone before.
It's the ultimate co-op game: there are roles for Navigation, Weapons, Engineering, Communications and Damage Control, and on one big monitor on the middle the "Main View" is displayed. This way you can do a setup where all players are seated around the main view, each with their own monitor.
Scenarios can be constructed, and there is even the possibility to have one player act as a "game master". And did I mention it has voice recognition support? This is almost too awesome to be true. :)

I have yet to find enough people who wanted to play this, but I believe I will get there. In the meantime I watch the game grow and get more and more cool features. There is no stable release yet, but I had to post this anyway. Hopefully there will be a release some day soon!

 
Here's a video. This game is hard to capture on a screenshot since there are so many different screens. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment