Wednesday 6 April 2016

Life as a Blogger

Turns out I'm having really fun posting stuff of this blog. Looking out for new games is fun and seeing that there are actually a bit of readers here looking at them is also very fun. So I think I'll be doing this for a while! :D

Therefore, I have been thinking about some ways to improve this page. One is to reduce the amount of labels, or tags. I have quite many that have appeared over time, and far from all feel necessary. For example, the label "Challenging" feels very arbitrary. I put it on games I believe to be especially challenging, but that is of course hard to know and quite individual. There are also some, like "Competitive" and "e-Sport" which sounds like they refer to pretty much the same thing. So I'm thinking about removing some of these. If someone of you reading this thinks that more labels are better, for whatever reason, please post a comment. This page is mainly for you readers of course, so I can be flexible. :)

I have some other design ideas too, but I won't change the layout much. Unless someone feels something is lacking or should be in another way. Again, I'm open to suggestions.

Finally, I want to say that I don't always have time to try all games. I play a lot of games, but for various reasons some might be laying around on my harddrive a long time before I actually try them. As I want these posts to be relevant and often want to display interesting games as soon as I have found them, and not when I finally get to try them, I haven't played every game I post about. I try to gather info from each project and portray it fairly anyway, but if someone feels I have missed something or written something that is incorrect about a game, please tell me! Just post a comment, and I'll fix!

That was all for the moment! Thanks to everyone for reading! There is so much more to the FOSS-game world than I ever thought when I started. At any given moment I have a list of around 20 games I want to feature, many of which I didn't even know existed until I started to look around for new things to write about. So there is a lot to look forward to. Enjoy! :)

2 comments:

  1. I love reading your blog, please keep it going!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! :D I will continue! There has been a tad fewer updates lately, mainly due to me being on vacation, but new posts will keep coming and there are many interesting FOSS-games on the way I can't wait to write about. :)

    ReplyDelete